Updated: July 2021 - For Seniors and Juniors
Dear Parents or Guardians,
Please read this letter carefully. It will explain the policies regarding Registration for the Fall 2021 semester of Driver Education. Registration runs for 12th grade Monday, August 9, 2021 through August 12, 2021 and 11th grade enrollment is August 10, 2021 through August 12, 2021 from 7:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. in Ms. Marino’s office Room 181. Registration will be conducted in-person ONLY. Attached are Fall Enrollment Application and Parent Liability forms, as well as a schedule of all classes. Classes begin on Friday, September 10, 2021. Students will register for a in person lecture class. The driving portion will be the sole responsibility of a parent/guardian. The Parent/Teen Driving Checklist and other important information will be included in a mailing, once your child is placed into a class. The fee for Driver Education is $190.00 and needs to be paid at registration. Registration procedures are as follows:
1. Students that are in 11th & 12th grade will register by submitting a parent-signed Fall Enrollment Application, a copy of the Student’s NYS issued Permit, the Parent Liability form signed and payment on the enrollment days/ times listed above. Payment must be a Money Order or check for $190.00 made payable to Connetquot CSD, memo-student name/Driver Education. Money Orders are strongly recommended. No cash is accepted. Students must register with a copy of their learners permit.
2. Please see attached check list. Please make sure that everything that is needed for Enrollment is checked. If anything is missing you will not be able to enroll until it is completed.
3. Students must have a NYS Permit at the time of enrollment.
Enrollment is limited to 128 spots so please be aware that it is a first come first serve situation. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Marino by email firstname.lastname@example.org or (631)-244-2228 Ext 1014.
New York State Department of Education mandates that in order to qualify for a Certificate of Completion (MV-285) a student must:
1. Be 16 years old and hold a valid Learner’s Permit at the time of enrollment.
2. Complete 24 hrs. of in-car training with 6 hrs. behind the wheel and 18 hrs. of observation. Please note that DMV requires students to complete 50 hrs. of supervised driving and submit an MV-262 form, signed by a parent or guardian attesting to the completed hrs. with 15 hrs. occurring after sunset, before a student may take their road test.
3. Complete 24 hrs. of lecture classroom training and earn a grade of 65 or above for the course. An incomplete cannot be made up during the next semester without paying for the course again.
Thank you for your interest in the Connetquot High School Driver Education Program.
Michael A. Moran
Connetquot High School